Furlog is renowned for the provision of custom shipment solutions using traditional or intermodal trains and employing various types of equipment, such as containers, swap bodies and cisterns.
Furlog can arrange to ship goods using traditional wagons, employing as appropriate custom solutions for road + rail transportation.
Advantages of traditional transportation:
- optimisation of loads: drawing on the experience of our operators and their ability to organise loads, traditional wagons can be used to combine optimally various types of goods, considering the loadable volume and their weight.
- ideal for special materials: the traditional form of transport is ideal for the secure transportation of reels of paper, machines, construction materials, steel bars etc.
Furlog also offers intermodal rail transportation services using containers, cisterns or swap bodies, employing as appropriate custom solutions for road + rail transportation.
Advantages of intermodal transportation:
- flexibility: allows operations from and for any geographical area
- security: the use of containers avoids the “spoilage of loads”
- optimisation: not only of packaging, but also of the load and total journey costs
- protection: minimises the risks of damage and theft, keeping insurance costs under control
- efficiency: improves delivery times, simplifies the service, guarantees quality
FTL & LTL
Working in collaboration with our partners, Furlog offers maximum reliability in the provision of road haulage services, with daily departures of full or less-than-full truck loads (FTL / LTL) of fresh or dry goods, as required by customers. The objective is to offer maximum flexibility, especially when handling urgent items and seasonal peaks.
Furlog offers full service and support for shipments, from the point of origin to their destination, wherever in the world, combining land, sea and air transportation and providing necessary assistance for the completion of customs operations.
As part of the flexible and highly customised services provided, Furlog even enables customers to send small packages anywhere in the world (both dry and fresh goods). This is made possible due to the constant flow of shipments handled by our network of partners.
Warehouse, depot, storage: Furlog is able to satisfy various logistical needs by directly handling goods in transit and offering storage services, as well as the movement of containers and swap bodies within specially reserved areas. We are ready to respond to your requests, with highly customised projects and tailored solutions, that even extend to the development of special, technologically advanced packaging.
In addition to taking good care of your shipments, Furlog can also assist you with specialist advice covering all aspects of customs clearance: Furlog is at your side, offering all necessary support for clearance procedures and export paperwork.
The daily reports supplied by Furlog enable you to locate your goods at any time in the journey to their destination: our system of control increases the security and value of the services provided, in full compliance with the EC Regulation (178/2002), in force from January 2005, covering the traceability of foodstuffs.
All Risks Insurance ”
We safeguard our customers against theft and losses, both by careful monitoring and by offering a broad range of all-inclusive insurance solutions that can be customised to meet specific needs: insurance of the entire value of the shipment, via the arrangement of supplementary insurance pursuant to Law 450 dated 22/08/85, or the coverage of all material damage that may occur during transportation, subject to exclusions and/or restrictions determined following careful analyses.